This week we enjoyed a book about eating different things for lunch. If you were a cow, you would prefer grass- but what if you were a mouse instead? Or a cat?
Worms for Lunch is a book that grabs little readers’ attention with fun pictures and a list of animals and foods that listeners can easily sign, spell, and illustrate.
5 fun things to do with Worms for Lunch
- Sign all of the food and animals (cheese, milk, cows, birds…easy and fun to learn ASL)
- Make tiny worm chains and let them wiggle.
- Set the table with large butcher paper and illustrate your plate!
- Sing songs about food! I Like to Eat Apples and Bananas was our favorite!
- Learn more about WORMS, obviously! Check your library for some great info on worms and watch some in the cool clip below!